Inflection of Amō (“I love”).
- To love
- In love with
- Make Love
Our Amāre Bath Salts are the perfect ceremonial tool for your bath rituals involving Elemental Water, The Emotional Body, Water Signs, Self-Love, and more.
It contains the following ingredients:
- Rose EO
- Hyssop EO
- Patchouli EO
- Hyacinth FO
- Lavender EO
- Eucalyptus EO
- Jasmine FO
- Gardenia FO
- Rosemary EO
- Lobelia Leaf
- Skullcap Herb
- Lavender Flowers
About Bath Salts
Bathing and cleansing arose as a spiritual ceremony in Asia and India, although the tradition then was tied to the healing waters of rivers. The Romans and Greeks were the key drivers in bringing it indoors and making it a social healing and wellness experience.
Over the years, the bathing experience has changed and modernized. Public Bathing fell in and out of fashion many times through the years. Private bathing was only afforded by the very rich. With today’s technology, bathing has become a private personal ritual that most can enjoy at home.
Bathing has been proven to ease stress, help tired muscles recover, and even reduce the chance of heart disease. A 2018 study out of Japan reported that regular submersion in 100-degree Fahrenheit (40-degree Celsius) water significantly reduced stress, fatigue, and pain, improved skin condition, and reported feelings of health. The researchers compared two groups, one who showered regularly and one who bathed regularly, over two weeks. They then swapped the groups so the showerers became bathers and vice versa. The bathers had better outcomes than those who showered.
A ceremonial bath enhances the bath experience to heal not only the body but also the spirit. Bathing with herbs invites our plant spirit allies to work uniquely with our entire body and spirit. Adding intention to your bath can create a beautiful ceremony that can be truly empowering.
Using Bath Salts
Creating a ceremonial bath at home is a deliberate experience of intent. The ceremony doesn’t begin when you enter the bath, but it starts right when you begin to create just the right ambiance for your bath. All of these steps will add to the power and effectiveness of your ritual bath.
This bath blend can be used in many different ways. You can create a foot bath, if you do not have a bathtub, and still have the benefit of a bath ceremony, just follow all of the same steps. You can also use this blend in a head washing ceremony if you prefer. Below are some steps on how you can create an empowering bath ceremony.
Simple Bath Ceremony
- Be sure your bathroom, tub and yourself are clean before you begin your ceremony. You do not want to have a cluttered experience.
- Consider what you will have in the room with you to create the ambiance. Think about bringing in candles (both illumination and spell candles if you wish), incenses, crystals, oils and sprays to add to your ceremony.
- Once you have everything the bathroom with you, close the door and create sacred space.
- Sit down and focus on the intent for your bath. Once you have that clear in your mind, begin deliberately placing the items around the tub or the bathroom in the way that feels right for you. Let your intent and intuition guide you.
- Once the room is set and everything is in place, begin to draw the bath.
- If you plan to use incense, light it.
- As the water pours in to the tub, light your candles. If you brought a spell candle, this is the time to charge it with your intent. Once charged, light your spell candle.
- Take your clothes off. Before you enter the tub you can choose to anoint yourself with our Rosa Oil or use our Amare Spray to prepare your physical body for the experience.
- Some people also prefer to anoint the rim of the bath tub with the oil or spray the top of the water before they step in.
- Step into the tub and gently sink down into the water. Take a moment to feel the energy of the water, feel it touching every inch of yourself and aiding you in the work of your intent.
- At this time you can do a meditation in line with your intent if you wish or just soak in the energy. You may use the Amare spray over the bath water as you wish to enhance the ceremony and experience.
- Once you are finished, step out of the bath. Dry yourself off with a clean towel. (tip: personally, I like to use a mesh strainer to remove the floating herbs from the water so that they do not clog my pipes. I then leave the herbs I collected out by my offering tree to give them back to Mother Earth).
- Open the drain and watch as the water goes down, giving thanks for the aid you have received during your ceremony.
- Once you feel ready, be sure to release your sacred space, snuff out all of the candles other than your spell candle if you had one (you need to let the spell candle burn all the way down).
Elemental Water connects us with our emotional body, intuition and universal love.
Elemental Fire connects us with change, transformation and personal power.
Pluto rules the underworld and helps us work with our ancestors as well shadow work and personal growth.
Neptune rules psychic ability, dreams and aids in connecting with the spirit world.
The Moon connects us with our intuition, relationships and emotions.
Venus Rules Love, Glamour, Creativity, Sexual attraction
Click on each bubble to explore the energetic influences in each blend!
Areas of Focus