Diatomaceous earth technically comes from the cell walls of fossilized single-cell diatoms – essentially, it’s a fossil, ground into a very fine powder. Our Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth is non-toxic and safe to use for humans and pets. Diatomaceous earth is not poisonous; it does not have to be eaten in order to be effective. Diatomaceous earth causes insects to dry out and die by absorbing the oils and fats from the cuticle of the insect's exoskeleton. Its sharp edges are abrasive, speeding up the process. It remains effective as long as it is kept dry and undisturbed. Diatomaceous earth’s unique structure makes it a great natural way to kill insects and pests (including intestinal parasites), gently cleanse the digestive system, and improve hair, skin, nails, and teeth. There are many uses for this product in health formulas, pet flea and parasite control and for overall health!
Note: You should ONLY EVER use FOOD GRADE Diatomaceous Earth. The industrial grade product is TOXIC and should NEVER BE USED! We only offer the safe food grade variety in our product offerings!
For educational purposes only This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.