From Latin Lōtus (“lotus”).
lōtus (feminine lōta, neuter lōtum); first/second-declension participle).
- washed, bathed, having been washed
- elegant, luxurious,
- fashionable, refined
- A kind of aquatic plant, genus Nelumbo, in the family Nelumbonaceae.
- A water lily, genus Nymphaea, especially those of Egypt or India.
Our Lotus Incense is the perfect ceremonial tool for all rituals involving Elemental Air, The Mental Body, Air Signs, Higher Planes, Higher-self, and the crown chakra.
It contains the following ingredients:
- Blue Lotus Flower
- Gotu Kola
- Agrimony Herb
- Hyssop Herb
- Copal Oro Resin
- Red Clover Blossoms
- Hibiscus Flowers
- Blue Lotus EO
- Hyssop EO
- Hibiscus EO
Using Ceremonial Incense
Our Lotus blend can be used as part of a ceremony or be your entire ceremony. This incense is created to be burned on charcoal. The included wooden stick will allow you to get the right amount to burn each time. A little bit goes a long way! Remember that if you put too much incense on your charcoal, it may snuff it out. If you are unsure of how to burn charcoal on incense, click ** here. **
Using it as part of your Ceremony
This blend can set the stage for any ceremony involving the Higher Realms. After you create your sacred space, you can light your incense. You must watch it; all incense burned on charcoal must be “fed.” This means you add a little incense at a time and add more as needed. This allows you to control the energy released through the incense as your ceremony progresses.
You may want more incense smoke if you are consecrating or blessing a tool with it and less if you are journeying or meditating. You may want to use the incense as an offering to honor a spirit or deity you may be working with. This incense makes a beautiful, high-vibration offering.
Using it as Your Ceremony
Incense can also be the focus of your ceremony. You would create sacred space as usual first. Make sure your charcoal is already lit. You would then sit in front of your censer and focus your intent on what your ceremony is for. With that intent clear in your mind, begin feeding your burner. Pay attention to the smoke and the herbs smoldering. The incense will burn for a while until it goes out (and would need to be fed again). I refer to this as a “set.”
You can use each incense “set” to elevate your intent during the ceremony. For example, if you were doing a personal work ceremony, your first set can focus on cleansing your energy. The second set could be connecting to your higher self. The third set could be asking your spiritual team for guidance or aid.
A Ceremony to Connect to your Higher-Self
In this simple ceremony, you can use our Lotus Incense to connect with your higher self. You can repeat this ceremony anytime you need a deeper connection or to ask your higher self questions.
- Lotus Incense
- Incense Censer
- White Candle
- Lotus Oil
- Create Sacred Space in your preferred Method.
- Charge your candle using the lotus oil. Be sure you are clear in your intent to connect with your higher self and the question you need answered. Light the candle.
- Light the charcoal and begin burning the incense.
- Dab the oil on your forehead. Dip your finger in the incense and dab it on your forehead as well.
- Close your eyes and focus on the dot on your forehead. Feel the world fall away, until all you feel is the oil and incense on your forehead. This is your portal to your higher self.
- Visualize that mark growing so big that you can eventually step through it.
- As you step through the portal, you see a path made of pure light taking you up. You follow the path for a while until you reach a platform made of pure light.
- As you step on that platform you see a figure approaching you. There is something very familiar about this figure. As it gets closer and closer and you can feel its energy better, you realize that the figure is you.
- Keep in mind that this may not look like you. Also it may look different every time you perform this ceremony. If you don’t see anyone it can mean that either that your connection to your higher self is not strong enough yet (which means keep trying to connect or work to open your crown chakra) or it can mean that you may not be ready to hear the answer to the question you asked.
- When you are face to face with the figure, take a moment to connect, and ask your question. Listen closely for the answer. It may not be straightforward. Your higher self may give you something that represents the answer or may answer in metaphoric ways. Take as long as you need.
- Once finished, give thanks to your higher self before you leave. Know that each time you come to seek answers you are strengthening that connection.
- Make your way back the same way you came. Once you walk out of the portal, bring your focus back to the dot on your forehead. Feel the world slowly coming back around you. Once you feel fully present, open your eyes.
- Write down everything that happened in your ceremony including any messages you received even if you don’t yet understand them.
Areas of Focus