From Latin Aura
aura f (genitive aurae); first declension
- A breeze
- A breath of Air
- The Air
Our Aura Herbal Blend is the perfect ceremonial tool for all rituals involving Elemental Air, The Mental Body, Air Signs, Higher Planes, Higher-self, and the crown chakra.
It contains the following ingredients:
- Blue Lotus Flower
- Gotu Kola
- Agrimony Herb
- Hyssop Herb
- Red Clover Blossoms
- Hibiscus Flowers
- Cedarwood Needles
About our Herbal Blends
Herbal blends are one of the most versatile tools for all magick, as they can be used in a bath, a floor wash, incense, a simmer pot, sachets, pillows, poppet fillers, and so much more.
Below, we will explore how you can use our Herbal Blend in your ceremony.
Creating an Herbal Infusion
Creating an herbal infusion with your herbs has many uses. As with most ceremonies, it begins with intent. Focus on what you are going to be using the infusion for. Once you are ready, create a sacred space. I generally like to do this in my kitchen. I often bring a spell candle and incense to add more power.
The first step is to boil about 2 quarts of water. While the water boils, take about 2-3 tablespoons of herbs and bruise them in your mortar and pestle, then add them to a muslin bag (the bruising will break the skin of the dried herb allowing for better infusion). Once the water is boiling, pour it into a large bowl and add the muslin bag. Let it steep for about 20 minutes. You will have a dark infusion.
Pull the herb bag out, squeeze the last bit of infusion, and set it aside. You can bottle the infusion if you wish. Please keep it in the refrigerator; it will stay good for about a week. If you want to keep it longer, you will need to add an alcohol preservative to it. I recommend creating a fresh batch whenever you need it. Here are some uses for the infusion:
- Using it as a Floor Wash: In a bottle, add 50% of your favorite floor cleaner and 50% of the infusion.
- Using it as an Herbal Bath: Add the entire infusion to your bath. You can follow the same steps for your bath as you would with our Amāre Bath Salts.
- Using it to consecrate items: You can choose to either anoint the item with the infusion or pour it in a small bowl and dunk it.
Using the Herbs without Infusing them
You can also use our herbal blends in other ways without creating an infusion. Below are a few ideas you can try:
- To Create an Incense: Add the desired amount of herbs to your mortar and pestle (I also like to add a dash of saltpeter), and grind them down into the desired consistency for your incense. This method allows you to create specific incense for each ceremony imbued with different intents. You can make one to clear your aura and another to connect with your spirit guides. Creating your own incense allows you to personalize your ceremony experience.
- To Create a sachet, poppet, or dream pillow, Be sure you have your bag first (if you are making a poppet, you can have the figure pre-sewed, and if you are making a dream pillow, you can have a small pillow pre-made). Stuff your bag with as much of the blend as you feel necessary. Close the bag or sew it shut. If you are creating a dream pillow, add some stuffing to make it fluffier.
- To Create a simmer pot: A simmer pot is a beautiful way to release the energy of the herbs with elemental water instead of fire. Add 1-2 cups of water to a small saucepan and a handful of herbs. Set it on low and let it simmer. I like to let it simmer all day, adding more water as needed. The steam from the pot will disperse the energy throughout your entire home!
Creating a Dream Pillow
Dream Pillows have been used in Europe for centuries. Herbs were used to calm bad dreams, bring good dreams, or calm the restless sleeper. Modern research agrees that the fragrances of certain herbs and flowers positively affect dreaming and can help us relax.
- 2 pieces of fabric, at least 6 inches square (you can create a square or rectangular pillow)
- Needle and Thread
- Incense censer and Charcoal
- White Candle
- Lōtus Oil
- Lōtus Incense
- Aura Herbal Blend
- Paper and Pen
- Clear Quartz (Optional – programmed with your intent)
- Aura Herbal Mist (optional)
- Create Sacred Space.
- Bless all the items you plan to use to create your dream pillow.
- Light your incense. Charge your candle with the Lōtus Oil to set your intent. Some good options are a pillow for communicating with your ancestors or spirit guides, lucid dreaming, keeping nightmares away, or even keeping your Crown chakra protected while you sleep.
- Lay the 2 fabric pieces over each other. Together, stitch 3 of the 4 sides, leaving just one opening. You should have a bag of sorts now.
- Write on the paper the intent for the dream pillow. You can dab the paper with Lōtus Oil or spray it with the Aura Herbal Mist. Roll the paper towards you and use some thread to tie it. You should now have a mini scroll.
- Bless the Aura Herbal Blend with your intent, and begin to stuff the pillow with them until halfway done. If you use the Aura Herbal Mist, spray it in the bag now. Also, if you choose to use a crystal, add it to the pillow now.
- Add your scroll to the pillow and finish filling it with the herbal blend. If you use the Aura Herbal Mist, respray it before stitching the pillow closed.
- Stitch the pillow closed. Once closed, pass it through the incense smoke three times, stating your intent out loud.
- Place the pillow next to the candle, and let the candle burn down.
- Close your sacred space and leave your altar and the pillow undisturbed for 24 hours.
- Your pillow is ready to use. You can always spray it with the Aura Herbal mist if you need to up or reinforce the energy within the pillow.
You can also perform this ceremony with our Bath Salt Blend instead of the Blended herbs.
Elemental Water connects us with our emotional body, intuition and universal love.
Elemental Fire connects us with change, transformation and personal power.
Pluto rules the underworld and helps us work with our ancestors as well shadow work and personal growth.
Neptune rules psychic ability, dreams and aids in connecting with the spirit world.
The Moon connects us with our intuition, relationships and emotions.
Venus Rules Love, Glamour, Creativity, Sexual attraction
Click on each bubble to explore the energetic influences in each blend!
Areas of Focus